Main Street Unionville Market
We are thrilled to be introducing the new Main Street Unionville Market on Station Lane at Stiver’s Mill. Held every Sunday this summer, we will be offering a wide variety of fresh foods and specialty items from local artisans. After you’ve visited the Market, why not stroll up Main Street to shop and go for brunch at one of our awesome restaurants? Check them out on our website’s Shop & Dine pages!
Sunday June 6th to Sunday September 19th, 9am-2pm
Open from June 6th on every Sunday in the Summer months.
9 Station Lane, Unionville
The market is located on Station Lane at Stiver’s Mill. Free parking is available along the side of the Train Station on Station Lane.
Weekly list of Vendors!
Fresh & Local
The market offers many foods, baked goods, meats, hand made items, and much more. Visit the market today!
Stiver Mill – Supporting the community since the early 1900s
Stiver Mill, situated in the heart of Heritage Unionville, is Markham’s last standing grain elevator and feed mill. One of the few left in the Ontario with its original equipment. A key landmark of the village, it is a classic example of an early storage elevator. Stiver Mill is designated as a significant Industrial Heritage Resource under the Ontario Heritage Act.
In the early 1900s grain elevators and other storage buildings were constructed next to Unionville’s Train Station, on land leased from the railroad. In 1913, brother Charles and Francis Stiver started the Stiver Brothers Coal and Seed Company. Then, in 1916 they purchased and repaired the fire-damaged home of the Matthew Grain Company, establishing their business on Station Lane.
Stiver Mill served the early farming community with grain, seed, feed for livestock, coal and cement. Grains shipped from the Canadian west were often stored in the elevator’s grain bins. After Union Mills was destroyed by fire in 1934, Stiver Brothers added a feed mill to do the chopping needed for livestock feed. Stiver Brothers operated until 1968. Dominion Coal and Building Supplies became the next tenant. In 1993, the mill and adjoining property were purchased from CN Railroad by the City of Markham
For The Latest Scoop!
Be the first to know about our Events and Contests